We hope you have had a wonderful winter season and that you are looking forward to another summer of golf at Breckenridge. The maintenance crew has cleared the snow from the greens and tee boxes and Mother Nature has helped the snow melt as well. This annual spring newsletter has information on golf programs, leagues, instruction, pass cards and rates. Should you have any questions, please give us a call. Blue highlighted text will link you to the specific information at our web site.
New for 2017
Changes you will notice this year include a new E-Z-Go golf cart fleet equipped with GPS units. The GPS system will provide cart riders a screen image of the hole and distances to a variety of locations. The system allows for the monitoring of our cart fleet including location and pace of play. Messaging can be utilized to assist staff and customers. We also anticipate some advertising opportunities with this system.
The bunkers on the Beaver 9 were rebuilt last fall. The new bunkers were constructed using the Better Billy Bunker® method. This method prevents contamination of the sand and improves drainage characteristics of the bunkers. The new irrigation system on the Beaver 9 was also completed last fall. Although both projects will have some “punch list” items that will need attention we anticipate all 27-holes will be available for play when we open later this spring.
The restaurant was put out to competitive bid this winter. The new management team in place owns/operates numerous restaurants in Summit County. They hope to cater not only to golfers, but also winter activities, catered parties and weddings.
Changes we made last year that are important to review include the following;
- Punch cards will be valid for the current season plus until June 30, of the next season. If you have punches left over from last season they are valid through June of this year. If you purchase a punch card this year those punches will be valid through June of 2018. This recognizes that situations can impact a participant’s summer plans and provides a recovery period to use their punches.
- For the resident golfer who plays infrequently, we once again are offering “Locals Days” throughout the season. We will offer the lowest Resident Card rate of $44/walking to residents of Summit and Park counties. To receive the rate you must have a Colorado Drivers license with a current Summit or Park county address. Dates are limited and include; Opening Day through June 8, June 21, July 9, July 18, August 14 and August 31. You do not have to purchase any type of punch card to receive this local rate.
- For Men’s and Ladies league tee times we will take names or groups one week in advance, along with a tee time window of choice (10-12 or 11-1 or 12-2) and then randomly assign tee times based on previous bookings to make the system fair. This system worked great last year and was a well received change.
- The time for booking online tee times before we open the phone lines is 6:30am.
Breckenridge Golf Club continues to offer a variety of golf programs for you and your friends.
- Competitive players (defined as knowing the rules, ability to keep pace of play, and playing 18-holes), will want to participate in our Women’s and Men’s Leagues. Women play on Tuesdays and Men play on Wednesdays. We will start accepting applications by mail or email starting April 1, for either of the leagues. Click above to navigate to the web page for download of the Registration forms.
- If you had the USGA handicap service last year, your service period ends May 1. All handicaps will be deactivated at that time. The USGA operates the service annually from May 1 through April 30, without regard to when you purchased the service. Handicaps are part of the Men’s and Women’s league dues. Any golfer may purchase the service for $50.
- Mixed-Team events will be played again this year about every third Sunday, four events total. All events will be 18-hole events. Check out the schedule by clicking above.
- We have Junior Events and instruction scheduled this summer for young golfers.
- For women golfers looking for a social, non-competitive environment in which to make new acquaintances, we once again are offering Ladies Only. This is a 9-hole program where score is not kept, unless you want too. Ladies Only, will be held on specific Monday afternoons starting at 4:00pm, as well as Thursday mornings in June. Special pricing is offered to Summit County Residents for this program.
- We have five Nine and Wine events scheduled. These always sell out and are a lot of fun!
- Our sixth year of Family Nights will kick-off in June. This year we are holding 14 of these events. This is a great way for a family to have a “Night of Golf”. Check out the schedule and as always, kids (5-13) play for free!
- The Adult Fun Five program offers you a great way to play golf with less time commitment. Get a group together and play 5-holes on our Beaver course. If you are new to golf, this is a great way to experience the game and the course. Dates and times are limited.
Breckenridge Golf Club offers a variety of Instruction Programs to help you take your game to the next level or introduce you to the fundamentals of the game. Private Instruction is available from PGA Professionals and provides you the one-on-one attention to quickly improve or learn golf skills. Group Classes are held on Mondays and Thursdays, with a maximum of 6 students per class. If these days don't fit your schedule, put together your own group of friends and schedule times with an instructor that fits your schedule. Youth are also served at Breckenridge either in group settings or private sessions. Youth Classes are held on Monday and Thursday afternoons. Additional classes, days and times may be added.
We are also planning a series of complimentary clinics this summer.
Discount Punch Card Programs:
Punch card options for Breckenridge and Summit County Residents remain the same as last season:
- Breckenridge Resident Cards - valid for 10, 18-hole rounds are priced at $440 or $44/round.
- The Five Play Card - valid for 5, 18-hole rounds is $265 or $53/round. This card may be purchased by Breckenridge Residents, and full time residents of the Upper Blue.
- The Summit/Park Card can be purchased for $275 and is valid for 5, 18-hole rounds. Second homeowners of the Upper Blue and full time residents of Summit and Park counties (must have a local driver’s license) qualify to purchase this card.
- For summer season renters in the Upper Blue (Farmers Corner to Hoosier Pass), the Summer Renter Card is for you; $850 for 10 rounds with cart, transferable between spouses. Renters must have a minimum two week lease/rental.
All pass cards have some restrictions and residence eligibility. Please review the applications thoroughly. We urge you to sign-up in advance for your punch cards and league registration.
Our daily fee rates for 2017 will be, $67 low season walking and $117 high season walking. Carts fees are $18/person for 18-holes and $10/person for 9-holes. The Twilight rate will start at 2:30pm throughout the entire season and is priced at $67 for low season and $85 for high season and includes cart. The daily Happy Hour rate will be available to any golfer 7 days a week. The Happy Hour rate is $30 for 9-holes after 4:30pm. This is a great way to enjoy sunset golf at a discounted rate.
“When will the Course open?”
Everyone’s favorite question this time of year and as always, it is far too early to predict opening dates. We will update you as we get further into the spring.
We look forward to seeing you soon,
The Staff at Breckenridge Golf Club